Ever sat back and thought to yourself “There is so many things that I am unsure of in life. So many things , so many things that I have yet to learn. Well, the truth is, there is always something about ourselves that we can improve on. Even the most “perfect” and “flawless” people have something they can and want to change about themselves. Human potentional is limitless, it’s phisically impossible to reach a final point of human growth. Whenever people feel as though they perfect, they can be better.
If you want to be a better person, here are some PRACTICAL ways to better yourself:
1) Read a book – Books are great sources of wisdom and an effective way to enrich yourself. Some more professional bloggers have read and found the following books to be incredibly effective:
- Think and Grow Rich
- 7 Habits
- Living the 80/20 Way
- The Difference Maker
2) Find new hobbies – Learning something new – for example: fencing, golf, pottery, ice skating, web design etc. – can help you stretch yourself to reach better goals and different aspects, physically, mentally and emotionally.
3) Take up new courses – Courses are a great way to gain new knowledge and skills. It doesn’t have to be a long-term course, there are other things you can try such as seminars and workshops. They’ve been proven to help people gain new insights to life that people have never before considered.
4) Change your room, make it inspirational – Your environment sets your mood and tone. Creating a better, more inspirational environment, encourages you to be more inspired causing you to go furthur in life.
5) Overcome your fears, no matter how irrational – Fears keep you in the same position, they’re like an invisible ropes and wires, holding you back and controlling your every move. No mattter how hard you try to get rid of them, they will always have you under their “spell”. The only way to break that hypnosis is to overcome your fears and show them who’s really in control. Recognise your fears and learn to control them. Fear represents something you have yet to address and addressing them helps you move on and grow.
6) Start a life handbook – A “life handbook” is a book which contains all the essentials you need to know and understand in order to live your life to the fullest, for example, your purposes.
7) Get out of your comfort zone – Real growth cannot be achieved without hard work and dedication. By exposing yourself to a new situation, you are literally growing as you learn to adapt to new circumstances.
8) Ask for feedback – You will never learn to improve yourself if you don’t know what you need to improve on. Asking for feedback gives you additional perspective on life in general. Asking for feedback from friends, family, colleagues, your boss, etc are good, unbiased people who will be happy to give you their opinions objectively.
These are just a few ways to make yourself a better person. They are additionally the best ways to start improving your way of life.
Just remember that it’s never too late to start your life over. If you weren’t happy with yesterday, try something different today. Don’t stay stuck. Do better.